Monday, September 10, 2018

Task 2: Self Reflection

I tried to avoid difficult tasks and deliberately look for distractions and doing them at the last minute. It got me into trouble for me a couple of times during my secondary school days. Troubles such as giving a bad impression to my group mate and having bad grades at a certain part of my school life.

 I am completely hopeless at starting anything at a reasonable time. I guarantee that you’ll never see my room neater than when I have to study for a huge test. One example was during my O's levels, I procrastinated my studies one week before my exams as I did well in my prelims. The results were devastating and it gave me a wake-up call.

Procrastination has its upsides, it enables me to work faster and be more efficient in what I am doing. Allowing me to have more time to relax. In a way, I believe I perform better under pressure, but more often it is more of me justifying putting things off.

In the end, it is all about the discipline and self-control which led me to believe that success is an accumulation of effort. As there was a saying goes, "Rome is not built in a day".

1 comment:

vodcast